Faults may occur due to decaying wiring, damage from stress, DIY activity, external influences such as water or heat – either way tracing a problem can be tricky and complex, and once found it needs to be rectified and re-tested – Not something to attempt yourself as more problems might be introduced. We have the test equipment and experience to help.
Electrical test equipment for use by electricians Guidance Note GS38 HSE Books
ISBN 978 0 7176 0845 4
TEST MEASURING FUNCTIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Automatic loop evaluation: built-in loop impedance tables allow automatic evaluation of the loop resistance compared to the regulations
- Tip commander: unit comes complete with a tip-commander for continuity and insulation testing.
- Online voltage monitoring: monitors all 3 voltages in real-time.
- Upgradeable: if changes occur to the regulations, changes can be made to the firmware to keep the unit up to date.
- Polarity swap: automatic polarity reversal on continuity test.
- Insulation range: wide range of insulation test voltages from 100 V to 1000 V, reading up to 1000 MΩ.
- TripLock function: Zs (RCD) function performs a loop test without tripping the RCD/RCBO.
- Multi-system testing: tests on TT, TN, IT and 110 V systems.
- RCD auto: automated RCD testing reduces circuit test time.
- Phase sequence test: required by BS7671:2008 17th Edition.